Ulleungdo/Dokdo Island& Seoraksan During Chuseok
Chuseok is quickly approaching, so why not spend the holiday with Adventure Korea on the beautiful Ulleungdo Island, one of the must see tourism destinations in Korea and the world! On this 4 day adventure you will also get to visit the Seoraksan National Park and amazing Dokdo Island. Go bridge jumping into some of the most crystal clear water you will ever see while at Ulleungdo Island. Ulleungdo is less crowded than Jeju Island as well so you will have the chance to enjoy the scenery around you more. The trip will cost 390,000won(Seoul departure) or 389,000won(Pohang departure). Going to Dokdo Island is not included in the price and will cost an extra 60,000won if you wish to go there. We have a limited 30 seats for this trip so sign up before someone else takes your spot!
- Watch the sunrise at the Beach (or sleep on the bus some more)
- Water activities (snorkeling, cliff jumping, swimming), hiking, and trekking
- Walk the coast or mountain ridge line to get amazing views
- Eat the local delicacies of Ulleungdo including squid, sanchae bibimbap, mussels and rice, and yakso beef, the meat from cows that eat nothing but medicinal herbs and vegetables that grow naturally on the island
- Go to the Dokdo Museum and ride a cable car to the Dokdo Observatory on Ulleungdo Island
- Visit a fish market and see the wide variety of fish they catch around the island
- Go on a bus tour of Ulleungdo Island and see all the amazing sites it has. The road going around the island has finally opened up and is connected so the bus can go in one big circle, making travel time around the island much shorter
- Get an amazing view of the volcanic crater that is in the middle of the island
- Jump off 7 meter tall bridge into the ocean
- Go fishing using the rental fishing gear and bait (less than 7,000won)
- Go to the Underwater Wild Sea Life Observatory where you can see all the sea life that call the waters around the island home
- See the beautiful Bongrae Waterfall, the main drinking source for the people living on the island
- See locations all around Ulleungdo Island on your own on our 4th day if you are not going to Dokdo Island
- Ferry to Dokdo Island and take a tour of the island that is disputed between South Korea and Japan (60,000won)
- Hike Seoraksan on one of the many courses there. Tell us what difficulty level you can do and we will suggest the perfect course.
What to Expect
Watch this video to get an idea of what we will be doing while at Ulleungdo Island and to see what the scenery looks like! Bring a waterproof camera to make a video like this one for yourself!
Day 1(Wednesday, September 11)
At Night, meet at Hongik Univ. station( Subway 2,Exit 1)
Day 2(Thursday 12)
Pick up point at Express bus terminal(Subway Line 3, 7,9 Exit 8)
Meet at Cheongmyeong subway station(exit 1)
Pick up at Wonju bus terminal
Arrive at beach
*Relax on the beach or sleep more in the bus
Watch a gorgeous sunrise on the beach
Arrive at the Seoraksan National Park and take a hike on the various courses
– Ulsanbawi Rock Course(3 1/2 hours)
– Biseondae Rock Course(2 1/2 hours)
– Biryoung Falls Course(2 hours)
Move to Gangneung harbor
Free time at Anmok beach and famous coffee street
Board ferry to Ulleungdo (Takes 3 hours)
– Departure times may vary according to the ferry company and weather conditions
Arrive at Ulleungdo Island
*We will move to the Ulleng hotel by chartered bus
Check in & Dinner together
Take a night walk along the Haengnam lighthouse trail and free time
Day 3(Friday 13)
Wake up, breakfast at hotel(Included). visit a fish market
Bus tour around the island
Arrive at the volcanic crater, and have lunch(Best wild herb Bibimbap-included)
Hike to the peak of the mountain from the volcanic crater.
(For Those who not for hiking)
You can go back down with the bus, as there are so many other things to do like fishing, snorkeling, bridge jumping and swimming
Arrive back at the hotel and have dinner together(Included)
Day 4(Saturday 14)
Wake up, breakfast at hotel(Included)
Let’s explore the Ulleungdo Island
Bongrae Waterfall course, Jeodong harbor, East Sea observatory, Natural Rain Forest and much more
You can go fishing, snorkeling and swimming as well
*AK staff will help to make a plan or lead some of the courses
– Take a walk along the Haengnam lighthouse trail
– We will have a chance to do bridge jumping(7 meters high)-check the pics
– Snorkeling, swimming and cliff jumping at Naesujeon beach
– We will go hiking along the mountain ridge line or coast to get the best views as well
*For those who are going for Dokdo island tour
Dokdo island tour
We will take a ferry to the Dokdo island and It will cost 60,000won extra for a round trip ticket and shuttle bus
Arrive back at the hotel to eat some dinner at another restaurant and drink some more(not included)
Day 5(Sunday 15)
Have breakfast at hotel(included)
Visit Dokdo Museum & cable car to the Dokdo observatory-Included.
Sample some medicinal mineral water. You can get a view of the controversial Dokdo Island from the mountain
Let’s explore the Ulleungdo island more
Get on the ferry to the mainland
(Ferry departure time is subject to change depending on company and weather conditions)
Arrive at the mainland.
Arrive back in Seoul Express bus terminal
(Arrival times may vary depending on the traffic conditions)
* For those who live in and around Busan, Daegu, Ulsan in Gyeongsang-do province or Gwangju Jeolla-do
– We have Pohang(포항) harbor departure ferry tickets, so please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to leave from Pohang. We do not have a bus going to Pohang, you will need to travel there by yourself if you wish to depart from there
– Pohang departure trip price:389,000won
– Pohang ferry leaves at 09:50a.m. from Pohang harbor on September 12 and leaves Ulleungdo at 15:30 pm.on the 15th to Pohang
1.The trip will cost 390,000won(Seoul departure)/,Pohang departure: 389,000won and this price including
1)Round trip limousine bus( A chartered bus-not for Pohang departure)
2) Bus ride sightseeing around the Ulleungdo Island for 4 hours
3) 6 meals(Buffet style in our hotel) including special bibimbap
at Nari crater
4) 3 nights at a hotel(The Ulleung hotel)
5) Round trip ferry ticket to and from Ulleungdo
6)Underwater Wild Sea Life Observatory entry fee
7) Cable car fee in Ullengdo island.
8)Seoraksan national Park entry fee
9) English speaking guides
(You can pay deposit(100,000won) now and pay the rest by August 25
2. There will be 4-5 people in each room.If you want to share a room with someone, let us know in advance so that we can arrange it for your group.
-We will stay at an ondol-style(heating floor) room.
-If you want to use a 2 person room. it will cost 60,000won extra for 3 nights per person.
3. Please book early as the places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
4. Please pay the deposit 100,000won now or pay the full amount in order to reserve your place.
5. Send payment to Shinhan Bank account no: 140-011-581081 under the name of (주)더에이케이트래블
Paypal account:email@example.com and it is 389 USD
6. If the weather conditions are bad on the last day of the trip and the ferry to the mainland is
cancelled, we may have to stay one or two days extra. In such a case their may
be additional expenses incurred.
7.We will have a chance to step on the Dokdo island. it will cost 60,000won extra for the
round-trip ferry ticket and shuttle bus. If you are interested in, let us know and pay in advance
8. PLEASE make sure you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide all the information below;
-Your full name including middle name.
-How much was deposited
-What bank you sent it from
-Time and date you sent it
-Pick up site
-All your travel companion names for room arrangement
-Gender, Date of birth & Nationality
*You must bring the same one(passport or ARC) which you will give us the number. If not, you will
not get on the ferry.
-.Dokdo tour: Yes or No(If yes, pay in advance)
*30 days before the trip from the departure time:
you will receive a full refund
*30 days – 11 days before the trip from the departure time:
*10 days before the trip from the departure time:
Pick up site
Hongik Univ. station( Subway 2,Exit 1)
Express bus terminal(Subway Line 3, 7,9 Exit 8)
Cheongmyeong subway station(exit 1)
Wonju bus terminal
If more than 5 people sign up together, you will all receive a discount on the trip like below;
more than 15 people: 5,000won
NOTE: You must all sign up and pay together to qualify for the discount. Please email email@example.com to qualify
*If you have been on one trip with us and join us again you will get a discount on your next trip. The more trips you do the more discount you will get.
Here’s a breakdown
your first trip is full price.
your second trip is discounted by 1,000won.
your third trip is discounted by 2,000won.
your fourth trip is discounted by 3,000won.
your fifth trip is discounted by 4,000won.
from your 6th trip is discounted by 5,000won.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify.
ADVENTURE KOREA DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
By signing up and participating in any of the trips offered by Adventure Korea, the PARTICIPANT acknowledges and agrees that the activities offered by Adventure Korea are in general adventure sports/activities in nature, and therefore are generally risky activities which may involve potential and unforeseeable risks of harm, which could include death or serious personal injury. The PARTICIPANT voluntarily and expressly assumes these risks and is fully responsible for his/her participation and actions in the activities at issue, and agrees that Adventure Korea or any of its officers, employees, guides, and representatives shall not be responsible for or be obligated to provide any financial assistance or any other assistance whatsoever in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage relating to or arising out of the Activities at issue.